Subject: [bug#28696] [PATCH 0/5] Support UUIDs for the EFI System Partition (FAT)

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 09:24:01 +0200

Hello!

This patch series fixes what Roel reported at
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2017-09/msg00094.html>: it
allows users to refer to their EFI System Partition and to FAT file
systems in general by UUID.

I’ve tested it on my UEFI laptop where /boot/efi is actually FAT16, not
FAT32 (I suppose UEFI supports both).

Let me know what you think!

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (5):
  file-systems: 'mount-file-system' now takes a <file-system> object.
  file-systems: Preserve UUID types when serializing.
  file-systems: Add support for FAT16.
  uuid: Change "fat32" to "fat".
  doc: Give an example with a FAT UUID.

 doc/guix.texi                                |   5 ++
 gnu/build/file-systems.scm                   | 115 +++++++++++++++++----------
 gnu/build/linux-boot.scm                     |  20 ++---
 gnu/build/linux-container.scm                |   3 +-
 gnu/services/base.scm                        |   6 +-
 gnu/system/examples/lightweight-desktop.tmpl |   8 +-
 gnu/system/file-systems.scm                  |  10 ++-
 gnu/system/linux-initrd.scm                  |   6 +-
 gnu/system/uuid.scm                          |  30 +++----
 9 files changed, 126 insertions(+), 77 deletions(-)

-- 
2.14.2