Subject: Re: bug#28661: 25.3; closing fullscreen frame on macOS 10.13 High Sierra causes crash

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 23:34:17 +0100

On Mon, Oct 02, 2017 at 02:27:51PM -0700, John Mastro wrote:
> Sure, I've attached a backtrace from lldb. Let me know if any other
> info would help.

Thank you.

>     frame #0: 0x00000001001b629d Emacs`-[EmacsView windowWillResize:toSize:](self=0x000000010c33a700, _cmd=<unavailable>, sender=<unavailable>, frameSize=(width = 1280, height = 800)) at nsterm.m:6912 [opt]
>    6909
>    6910	  if (! [self isFullscreen])
>    6911	    {
> -> 6912	      extra = FRAME_NS_TITLEBAR_HEIGHT (emacsframe)
>    6913	        + FRAME_TOOLBAR_HEIGHT (emacsframe);
>    6914	    }

Well, that’s just about the last thing I was expecting.

I guess that closing a fullscreen window now results in it being
resized. But is emacsframe already trashed by this point? That would
certainly cause a crash.

Can you please uncomment line 54 in nsterm.h to enable NSTRACE,
recompile, cause the crash and send the output to me?
-- 
Alan Third