Subject: bug#28644: Pulseview with modular qt

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2017 00:00:08 +0200

Theodoros Foradis <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ricardo Wurmus writes:
>
>> Theodoros Foradis <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> My guess (not being familiar with qt), is that somehow, having the two
>>> inputs in different prefixes, causes the problem with the package's
>>> build system. I gave a look at the cmake files, but couldn't locate the
>>> issue/fix.
>>
>> You could try to validate your hypothesis by using a union package such
>> as it was done for python-pyqt+qscintilla.  That package would have only
>> one prefix.  If that really does make a difference we might be able to
>> investigate the issue further.
>
> Thanks for the union package recommendation. I tried that, but
> unfortunately it does not fix the icon issue.
>
> I see that there is a wip-qt-paths branch in our git repo. I don't
> really know its purpose, maybe it's worth to try rebasing it on
> master and build pulseview with that?

Hello, and sorry for breaking this package!  I don't know what the
wip-qt-paths branch is for, but it looks like a good place to fix the
problem, and I'm sure Hartmut and 宋文武 would appreciate more testers.

Can you try rebasing it and see if it makes a difference?  I will try to
investigate more towards the weekend as I really want to get rid of the
monolithic Qt :)