Subject: bug#28636: 27.0.50; Unable to load color "gtk_selection_bg_color" in 27.0.50

From: aplanas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 22:05:43 +0200

A version of Emacs compiled from git (27.0.50), using GTK 3.22.21
(openSUSE Tumbleweed) do not show the selection text.

There is a text error in *Message* buffer:

Unable to load color "gtk_selection_bg_color"

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.21)
 of 2017-09-28 built on linux-sjey
Repository revision: 551594e951642a043862dabb987facfc0253f7d3
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11903000
System Description:     openSUSE Tumbleweed

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Unable to load color "gtk_selection_bg_color"
Mark set
Unable to load color "gtk_selection_bg_color"
Mark set [2 times]
Unable to load color "gtk_selection_bg_color"

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/aplanas/bin/emacs-git'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2
FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 97350 8002)
 (symbols 48 20191 1)
 (miscs 40 178 118)
 (strings 32 28325 1156)
 (string-bytes 1 747171)
 (vectors 16 14183)
 (vector-slots 8 492076 6244)
 (floats 8 48 141)
 (intervals 56 216 0)
 (buffers 992 12))