Subject: bug#28630: 27.0.50; C-g while a non-main thread is sitting crashes Emacs

From: Alex <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 21:18:08 -0600

Alex <[email-masked]> writes:

> Evaluate the following in emacs -Q:
>
> (make-thread
>  (lambda ()
>    (message "hello")
>    (sit-for 2)
>    (message "there")))
>
> Executing C-g before this finishes crashes Emacs. Here's a backtrace:
> [...]

Should this be labelled a blocker for Emacs 26? This appears to be a
related to bug 25214, since I just tried to hit C-g when running the
example there and it indeed crashes Emacs.

It should be noted that `keyboard-escape-quit' (ESC ESC ESC) doesn't
crash Emacs.

Also, replacing (sit-for 2) with (read-char) or its family and hitting
C-g will also crash Emacs.