Subject: bug#28620: Interact directly on Emacs bug#28620: mouse drag event records wrong release window

From: Robert Weiner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 10:26:22 -0400

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 3:55 AM, martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > ​Ok.  It would be more helpful if you explained which problems you feel
> are
> > relevant to the discussion at hand.
>
> For example that of getting the screen dimensions of a window.  Have a
> look at x_real_pos_and_offsets to get an idea of the tribulations needed
> to do that for an Emacs frame.  These are by far the most complicated
> operations we do in the X specific code and I have reports that we still
> do not get the right results everywhere.

​Yes, I see.  I am having similar issues when trying to replicate the size
of a frame under the macOS window system.  I can't seem to get the new
frame to match the old frame by using (frame-edges nil 'outer-edges) or
(frame-edges nil 'native-edges).  In earlier versions of Emacs, I don't
remember this being a problem but I can't recall when that was.  What is
the best way available to replicate the size of one frame to another given
the limitations that exist now?

Bob