Subject: bug#28620: bug#28621: Proposed patch for doc of posn-window and code of posn-set-point to handle frame arguments

From: Robert Weiner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 19:34:52 -0400

On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 5:56 PM, Robert Weiner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> In fact, the release event (drag event) contains the wrong
> frame (that of the depress rather than the release).
>

​In looking at how mouse-1 is able to select the proper window of a mouse
click,
I found that the release binding of mouse-1 changes when a click is in a
frame
other than the selected one.  In that case, it shifts from mouse-set-point
to
handle-switch-frame which selects the new frame.  Is this shift due to the
transient-map
map setting in mouse-drag-track?

Eli, if you could point me to where the switch-frame event is generated
when the click
is in another frame, with that I might be able to produce a temporary fix
for this problem.

It would also help if in handle-switch-frame, the handle-focus-in hook
invocation occurred
after the call to do_switch_frame rather than before; then we could grab
the value of the
newly selected frame rather than the old one.

Bob

tBut I can't find anywhere in
the Emacs 25 code where mouse-1 is bound to handle-switch-frame.

Can you point me to where this is coded?  Is the keymap in use changing?
Is there any way to capture a switch-frame event and attach my own handler
to
it?  (I guess I could redefine the primitive handle-switch-fraem