Subject: 26.0.60; iconifying a child frame seems to be problematic

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 10:49:08 +0900

Steps to reproduce:

  1. $ emacs -Q &
  2. Enlarge the frame a bit by mouse.
  3. Type (make-frame `((parent-frame . ,(selected-frame)))) C-j
  4. Click the newly created child frame.
  5. Type (iconify-frame) C-j

Result:

  The child frame becomes unresponsive.
  The parent frame can take input, but the cursor is still hollow.

Maybe an attempt to iconify a child frame should cause an error.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]

In GNU Emacs 26.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2017-09-27 built on YAMAMOTO-no-iMac-5K.local
Repository revision: a3f647c5c810e8be5321bf99cb21d565590a7cf8
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --without-ns --with-jpeg=no --with-gif=no --with-tiff=no
 --with-gnutls=no PKG_CONFIG=/opt/local/bin/pkg-config
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/X11/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
 PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR='

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM PNG NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ja_JP.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair time-date
mule-util japan-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue dynamic-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 97322 7132)
 (symbols 48 20135 1)
 (miscs 40 54 86)
 (strings 32 28850 1995)
 (string-bytes 1 740494)
 (vectors 16 14679)
 (vector-slots 8 566966 11070)
 (floats 8 51 65)
 (intervals 56 250 13)
 (buffers 992 12))