Subject: bug#28605: 26.0.60; Part of leftmost character hidden

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 15:26:24 +0000

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 5:16 AM martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Thanks for the details.  From your initial screenshot it was not clear
> to me that the effect is really that bad.
>

I don't see that bad of an effect. I only see, may be a pixel of the left
side of the fringe getting truncated.

> CC-ing Kaushal Modi: Is this the same problem as the one you posted in
> Bug#27830?
>

Thanks for looping me in. Here's a little gif that shows the problem. Looks
like the problem shows up only when disabling both scroll bars AND window
dividers (I have them off by default).

https://i.imgur.com/cqJHTzU.gifv

It might be difficult to see even in this gif.. but we are looking for a
green bracket covering all the newly added lines after the last git commit
(diff-hl package). Notice that the vertical part of the green bracket in
the fringe hides when both scroll-bar and window dividers are hidden.

@martin Apologies for not being able to follow up in my debbugs thread
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27830 I'll find some time
today to provide you with more debug info in that thread. In the meanwhile,
see if this gif provides you any hints.

-----
-- 

Kaushal Modi