Subject: Re: bug#28605: 26.0.60; Part of leftmost character hidden

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 14:44:31 +0200

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I tried adding
>>
>> (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(inhibit-double-buffering  . t))
>>
>> to my .emacs, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.
>
> Well, I wouldn't have expected much to change anyway.
>
>> Hmm, reverting that commit doesn't seem simple. Maybe it's easier to
>> go back to the commit just before that one and apply the scaling
>> changes. I'll see if I can get to that this week.
>
> Before you embark on that please check that a similar problem (frame
> widening/shrinking) does not exist also when toggling off/on the tool
> bar (including putting it on any other side of the frame), the menu bar,
> the fringes and internal borders and also change the default font size.

Toggling the menu bar or the tool bar on/off shows the same type of
effects as the scroll bars. Toggling the fringe-mode on/off *always*
shrinks both the height and width.

Robert