Subject: Re: bug#28605: 26.0.60; Part of leftmost character hidden

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 12:30:14 +0200

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> Would inhibiting double buffering change anything?  I'm still not sure
> about that "Force scroll bars to be real X11 windows" change.

That does seem to go against the desired direction of using the
toolkit for as much as possible.

I tried adding

(add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(inhibit-double-buffering  . t))

to my .emacs, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

> In the worst case we would have to test with some irrational build which
> OT1H excludes
>
> 2016-10-28  Daniel Colascione  <[email-masked]>
>
> 	Add double-buffering support to reduce flicker
>
> and OTOH includes your and Lars' changes to scaling.
>

Hmm, reverting that commit doesn't seem simple. Maybe it's easier to
go back to the commit just before that one and apply the scaling
changes. I'll see if I can get to that this week.

> martin
>
> PS: I'm afraid there are no news on the paperwork front.  Right?

I received the assignment form and have sent it back, so we're now
just waiting on the processing on the FSF side.

Robert