Subject: bug#28605: 26.0.60; Part of leftmost character hidden

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 13:41:21 +0200

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

>> This screen is 3840x2160 pixels, and the emacs frame is well away from
>> the edges.
>
> Can you please again do (setq frame-size-history '(100)) and post its
> value after you toggled scroll bars on and off _two_ times.  I'd like to
> understand why it stops increasing the width after the first toggling
> but continues to decrease the height with subsequent togglings.

(75
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> adjust-frame-size-1
	  (1494 692 1494 692)
	  (set-window-configuration 1))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> adjust-frame-size-3
	  (1494 794 1494 692)
	  (1510 794 1536 692))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> adjust-frame-size-1
	  (1494 794 1494 692)
	  (change-frame-size 5))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> xg-frame-resized
	  (1494 794 1494 692)
	  nil)
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> xg-frame-set-char-size-3
	  (1494 794 1494 794)
	  (768 442))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> adjust-frame-size-2
	  (1494 794 1494 794)
	  (nil nil))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> adjust-frame-size-1
	  (1494 794 1494 794)
	  (vertical-scroll-bars 3))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> adjust-frame-size-3
	  (1494 896 1494 794)
	  (1536 896 1510 794))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> adjust-frame-size-1
	  (1494 896 1494 794)
	  (change-frame-size 5))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> xg-frame-resized
	  (1494 896 1494 794)
	  nil)
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> xg-frame-set-char-size-3
	  (1494 896 1494 896)
	  (755 493))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> adjust-frame-size-2
	  (1494 896 1494 896)
	  (nil nil))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> adjust-frame-size-1
	  (1494 896 1494 896)
	  (vertical-scroll-bars 3))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> adjust-frame-size-3
	  (1494 998 1494 896)
	  (1510 998 1536 896))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> adjust-frame-size-1
	  (1494 998 1494 896)
	  (change-frame-size 5))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> xg-frame-resized
	  (1494 998 1494 896)
	  nil)
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> xg-frame-set-char-size-3
	  (1494 998 1494 998)
	  (768 544))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> adjust-frame-size-2
	  (1494 998 1494 998)
	  (nil nil))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> adjust-frame-size-1
	  (1494 998 1494 998)
	  (vertical-scroll-bars 3))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> adjust-frame-size-3
	  (1458 1100 1494 998)
	  (1500 1100 1510 998))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> adjust-frame-size-1
	  (1458 1100 1494 998)
	  (change-frame-size 5))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> xg-frame-resized
	  (1458 1100 1494 998)
	  nil)
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> xg-frame-set-char-size-3
	  (1458 1100 1458 1100)
	  (737 595))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> adjust-frame-size-2
	  (1458 1100 1458 1100)
	  (nil nil))
 (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> adjust-frame-size-1
	  (1458 1100 1458 1100)
	  (vertical-scroll-bars 3)))