Subject: Re: bug#28605: 26.0.60; Part of leftmost character hidden

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 10:56:41 +0200

> See below
 >
 >> (setq frame-size-history '(100))
 >>
 >> disable vertical scroll bars and enable them again.  Then post the value
 >> of ‘frame-size-history’.

Thanks.  Obviously the ConfigureNotify event triggering

  (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> xg-frame-resized
	  (1494 1100 1494 998)
	  nil)

is responsible but I have no idea where it comes from.  I suppose
there's no such second event in the non-scaled scenario.  Please post
the history for the non-scaled case so we can verify that.

But what stupefies me just as much is that removing the vertical scroll
bar apparently changes the text width from 1458 to 1476 in

  (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> xg-frame-resized
	  (1458 1100 1476 1100)
	  nil)

and then to 1494 in

  (#<frame emacs@rpluim-ubuntu 0x13462d0> xg-frame-resized
	  (1476 1100 1494 1100)
	  nil)

when removing the scroll bars.  Can you observe that increase?  Doesn't
it mean that the frame also gets wider every time you toggle the scroll
bars?

martin