Subject: Re: bug#28605: 26.0.60; Part of leftmost character hidden

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 20:18:28 +0200

>> You mean that the scroll bar from the window on the left affects the
 >> things displayed in the window on the right?
 >
 > Yes, the scroll bar affects the window on both sides. It's only the frame edge
 > with no scroll bar that shows a fringe.

Can you please be a bit more precise: How would the scroll bar affect
the window on _both_ sides?  Does the scroll bar also affect the
contents of the window it belongs to?

 > The hidpi scaling in gnome works only so far, and I'm not sure all of gtk
 > is aware of the setting. But then I know next to nothing about gtk.
 > The menu-bar and scroll-bars get decent size, but I select a larger font
 > for emacs using X resources (turned off for the report). I noticed
 > yesterday that the fringes are dis-proportionally narrow and the fringe
 > symbols almost unreadable.

On a frame with such bad fringes please do

M-: (window--dump-frame) RET

This should get you a buffer with the name *window-frame-dump*.  Please
post the contents of that buffer here.

Thanks, martin