Subject: bug#28605: 26.0.60; Part of leftmost character hidden

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 10:54:04 +0200

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

>> It was both assumption and testing.  That is, I didn't see the problem
>> afterwards (all menus appeared in the right place for me), but that
>> turned out to be due to me not following the bug recipe precisely.
>> After doing that, I was able to observe the problem (i.e., some of the
>> menus went missing).
>
> Do you recall the special ingredient in the recipe that allowed you to
> observe the problem?  Was it the use of gnome-tweak-tool or the switch
> from a python to a html file?

I don't normally use menus, so I didn't investigate much.  But I
think...  uhm...  No, I don't think whether the menus appeared or not
had anything to do with gnome-tweak-tool.  It had to do with changing
modes and buffers in Emacs.  Sometimes the correct menus would appear in
the right place, and sometimes when changing buffers the menus wouldn't
appear at all, I think.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no