Subject: Re: bug#28605: 26.0.60; Part of leftmost character hidden

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 16:18:55 +0200

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> In the thread of Bug#27667 you wrote
>
>   This should be fixed on master now, I think -- at least I'm unable to
>   reproduce it now.  Could you check and reopen if it's still an issue?
>
> Did you write that because you presumed that once Emacs detects scaling
> correctly, it would also draw menus at the correct place?  Or was there
> some additional reasoning involved?

It was both assumption and testing.  That is, I didn't see the problem
afterwards (all menus appeared in the right place for me), but that
turned out to be due to me not following the bug recipe precisely.
After doing that, I was able to observe the problem (i.e., some of the
menus went missing).

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no