Subject: bug#28603: closed (Re: bug#28603: 25.3; Certificate authority on macOS is empty)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 22:58:02 +0000

Your bug report

#28603: 25.3; Certificate authority on macOS is empty

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
28603: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28603
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#28603: 25.3; Certificate authority on macOS is empty
From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
To: Mark Ferlatte <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 17:57:47 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 22:04:39 -0700 Mark Ferlatte <[email-masked]> wrote: 

MF> When running (package-refresh-contents) on macOS, MELPA returns a TLS
MF> error. This ended up being due to gnutls-trustfiles not having a working
MF> default entry for macOS. Adding /etc/ssl/cert.pem to gnutls-trustfiles
MF> resolves the issue.

MF> I believe that adding that to the default settings in lisp/net/gnutls.el
MF> would be a helpful change.

Thanks for the suggestion. This is done on the emacs-26 branch as a
bugfix and will be merged into master later.

Ted

Subject: 25.3; Certificate authority on macOS is empty
From: Mark Ferlatte <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 22:04:39 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When running (package-refresh-contents) on macOS, MELPA returns a TLS
error. This ended up being due to gnutls-trustfiles not having a working
default entry for macOS. Adding /etc/ssl/cert.pem to gnutls-trustfiles
resolves the issue.

I believe that adding that to the default settings in lisp/net/gnutls.el
would be a helpful change.

In GNU Emacs 25.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1911))
of 2017-09-12 built on builder10-9.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1561
Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: EL

Minor modes in effect:
  rainbow-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  elisp-slime-nav-mode: t
  guru-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  smartparens-strict-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  prelude-global-mode: t
  prelude-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  beacon-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/ferlatte/.emacs.d/savefile/recentf...done
Loading Prelude’s modules...
Loading /Users/ferlatte/.emacs.d/prelude-modules.el (source)...done
Loading personal configuration files in /Users/ferlatte/.emacs.d/personal...
Loading /Users/ferlatte/.emacs.d/personal/custom.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/ferlatte/.emacs.d/personal/init.el (source)...done
Prelude is ready to do thy bidding, Master ferlatte!
Starting new Ispell process aspell with default dictionary...
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Prelude tip: Press <C-c G> to search in GitHub.

Load-path shadows:
/Users/ferlatte/.emacs.d/elpa/seq-20151028.759/seq hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq
/Users/ferlatte/.emacs.d/elpa/let-alist-1.0.5/let-alist hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(shadow sort editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle
editorconfig-fnmatch mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec epg
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
company-anaconda anaconda-mode pythonic f python-el-fgallina-expansions
smartparens-python python tramp-sh rainbow-mode rainbow-delimiters
elisp-slime-nav guru-mode init server prelude-yaml prelude-xml
nxml-mode-expansions rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok prelude-scss
prelude-shell sh-script smie executable prelude-scheme geiser
prelude-ruby prelude-python prelude-perl prelude-org prelude-latex
company-auctex yasnippet latex-mode-expansions latex tex-ispell
tex-style tex crm smartparens-latex prelude-js js2-mode-expansions
js2-mode js-mode-expansions smartparens-javascript js
html-mode-expansions smartparens-html sgml-mode cc-mode-expansions
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs prelude-go go-projectile vc-git go-rename go-guru
go-eldoc go-mode url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap find-file ffap
prelude-emacs-lisp prelude-css prelude-common-lisp prelude-lisp
prelude-c prelude-programming flycheck find-func subr-x which-func
prelude-company company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb
company prelude-ido smex flx-ido flx ido-completing-read+ memoize
cus-edit cus-start cus-load prelude-osx exec-path-from-shell
prelude-global-keybindings prelude-editor editorconfig operate-on-number
calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs diff-hl smartrep vc-dir
ewoc vc vc-dispatcher diff-mode easy-mmode winner undo-tree diff esh-var
esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode esh-util re-builder whitespace tabify
browse-kill-ring derived midnight ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff
ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff dired-x dired anzu avy
projectile grep compile ibuf-ext ibuffer bookmark pp expand-region
text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions expand-region-core
expand-region-custom flyspell ispell rect etags xref project
volatile-highlights hl-line windmove recentf tree-widget wid-edit
savehist saveplace diminish edmacro kmacro smartparens-config
smartparens autorevert filenotify delsel prelude-mode crux ido tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring format-spec imenu-anywhere imenu prelude-core epl ov thingatpt
prelude-ui which-key beacon smart-mode-line advice rich-minority
solarized-light-theme solarized color prelude-custom prelude-packages cl
finder-inf tex-site gh-common gh-profile url-parse auth-source gnus-util
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars s marshal
eieio-compat cl-seq ht json map dash eieio eieio-core cl-macs rx
slime-autoloads info package epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 764186 258064)
(symbols 48 57619 1)
(miscs 40 94 379)
(strings 32 139301 211185)
(string-bytes 1 4110652)
(vectors 16 104184)
(vector-slots 8 2083378 366691)
(floats 8 9271 8712)
(intervals 56 1092 443)
(buffers 976 17))