Subject: bug#28601: 26.0.50; configure: error: Emacs does not support 'x86_64-pc-msys' systems.

From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:52:27 +0100

On Fri 13 Oct 2017, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 11:14:37 +0100
>> 
>> > Can we rely on all the users to have the latest MSYS2?  If not,
>> > perhaps after your description we should say something like "If you
>> > don't have mingw64.exe, but do have mingw64_shell.bat, then ..."?
>> 
>> MSYS2 is a rolling-release distribution, so any user who does not have
>> an up to date installation would be well advised to update to current
>> package versions before attempting to build emacs.
>
> I understand, but "advised" doesn't mean "forced", does it?

No, in that things only get updated if you run pacman. However I thnk
the first respone to "I have a problem" will be "update to current
package versions".

    AndyM