Subject: Re: [bug#28600] [PATCH] tests: install: Switch to modifying the gc-root-service-type.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 10:46:02 +0200

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 09:46:10 +0200
> [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:

[...]

>> What about:
>> 
>>   (services (cons (simple-service 'extra-root
>>                                   gc-root-service-type roots)
>>                   (operating-system-user-services os)))
>> 
>> This would make sure there’s always a single ‘gc-root-service-type’
>> instance, and we’re just extending it with additional roots, rather
>> than overriding what it does.
>
> That fixes this issue, but I'm not sure what it means for the tests. If
> the roots are not replaced, then the bare-bones-os will be present as
> well as the roots added for each test.

I think it’s OK, because that’s what we want to test: we want to test
the installation image with few modifications compared to what we’re
shipping.

Pushed as 945a8fc240dbc48e3e4e212ef527eadc70231d39.

Now to see if there are still issues?

Thanks!

Ludo’.