Subject: Re: bug#28598: 25.3; Errors in narrowed buffers in CC-mode

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 20:50:57 +0000

Hello, John and George.

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 10:51:00 -0700, John Wiegley wrote:
> >>>>> "GP" == George Plymale <[email-masked]> writes:

> GP> For those too lazy to follow the link, here's the gist: When I press `RET'
> GP> at the beginning or end of a narrowed buffer in CC-mode, I see errors like
> GP> this:

> GP> c-determine-limit: Args out of range: #<buffer dired.c>, 1, 1564

> Alan, do you have any thoughts on this one?

Thanks for the heads up, John.

With the help of George's backtrace, I can see exactly what's happening,
where, and why.

The fixing of the bug will involve carefully defining conditions which
must hold when a function (c-determine-limit) is called, and amending it
on the assumption those conditions hold.

Give me a day or two, it's a bit late at the moment here in Germany.

> -- 
> John Wiegley                  GPG fingerprint = 4710 CF98 AF9B 327B B80F
> http://newartisans.com                          60E1 46C4 BD1A 7AC1 4BA2

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).