Subject: Re: bug#28596: 26.0.60; Gnus gets into an ambiguous plugged/unplugged state that prevents retrieval of news

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 19:54:53 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 17:29:34 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > So what would be the best way of making progress with this bug?
> 
> What happened to the patch set to fix various irregularities with
> accept-process-output that was going around the other month?  Was it
> merged?  I was kinda waiting for that to go in to see whether that made
> everything work before poking into this any further...

You mean the thread Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain
cases (w/ patches)?  We are still waiting for the updated version of
the patch (I've just sent a reminder).

But in any case, that patch was for master, not the release branch.
We could see if it also fixes this problem, and maybe consider
backporting if it does.  But I hoped there could be a safer fix for
this bug.