Subject: Re: bug#28596: 26.0.60; [Gnus] Checking mail is no longer reliable and C-g no longer quits

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 22:00:23 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Furthermore, I now believe that the hang that I had been observing
>> was just Bug 16026 / Bug 16906 and that I failed to recognise it
>> because I was too confused by the strange behaviour resulting from
>> this current bug.
>
> Lars, can you help us here?  I'd hate to release Emacs 26.1 with this
> annoying problem.  Can we do something to have a solution or at least
> a reasonably convenient band-aid?

If `C-g' doesn't quit, it sounds a lot like the bug I reported the
other, er, year about TLS negotiation hanging Emacs if we're making
several connections at once.

I thought that was being worked at by... someone... who was fixing up
various things in accept-process-output, so I was waiting for that to
shake out before looking into it further...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no