Subject: [bug#28593] [PATCH] gnu: openfoam: Clean up to reduce closure.

From: Paul Garlick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 16:00:11 +0100

On Sun, 2017-10-22 at 17:15 +0100, Dave Love wrote:
> 
> I successfully rebuilt pisoFoam following the example in the current
> documentation.  Is that good enough?

Yes, that is a good example case.  Thank you for doing the check.

> Here's a modified patch to change the comment and avoid an empty
> directory.

Fine, with a caveat on the FIXME comment:

i) 'wmake' will fail to find headers in subdirectories of 'src' if they
are not installed.  So, a re-compilation as you did above would not be
possible without installing the extra output.  This is perhaps
confusing for a new user, who may not know the details of the
dependency structure.

ii) OpenFOAM would be difficult to use without the 'tutorials'
directory, as these are often used as the starting point for new
development.  I think it is helpful for these files to be installed by
default.

My own preference would be to not fix the FIXME (or, in fact, to omit
the comment at this stage).

Best,

Paul.