Subject: [bug#28593] [PATCH] gnu: openfoam: Clean up to reduce closure.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 14:15:39 +0200

Hello,

Dave Love <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Paul Garlick <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> ii) deleting object files, to save disk space, under
>> 'platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/src' should also be fine, with the
>> proviso that the re-compilation process should be checked before
>> committing.  There is an example procedure, albeit for an earlier
>> version, given at https://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/How_to_add_tempera
>> ture_to_icoFoam .  A slightly modified procedure should work for
>> version 4.1.
>>
>> Dave, can you try this on your patched version?  'wmake' should re-
>> generate the object files that are needed and produce a new executable.
>>  Check that there are no instances of errors such as 'file not found'
>
> Sorry, I haven't had a chance to check that yet, and I'm hampered
> working on openfoam by a small-ish laptop with a slow disk.  I didn't
> expect the dependency files to be necessary, as they aren't shipped in
> my rpms for previous versions that people have been using, but I will do
> the experiment when I can.

Paul seems to have access to a biffy build machine ;-), so maybe you can
update/adjust the patch, Paul?

Ludo’.