Subject: [bug#28593] [PATCH] gnu: openfoam: Clean up to reduce closure.

From: Dave Love <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 12:06:08 +0100

Paul Garlick <[email-masked]> writes:

> ii) deleting object files, to save disk space, under
> 'platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/src' should also be fine, with the
> proviso that the re-compilation process should be checked before
> committing.  There is an example procedure, albeit for an earlier
> version, given at https://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/How_to_add_tempera
> ture_to_icoFoam .  A slightly modified procedure should work for
> version 4.1.
>
> Dave, can you try this on your patched version?  'wmake' should re-
> generate the object files that are needed and produce a new executable.
>  Check that there are no instances of errors such as 'file not found'

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to check that yet, and I'm hampered
working on openfoam by a small-ish laptop with a slow disk.  I didn't
expect the dependency files to be necessary, as they aren't shipped in
my rpms for previous versions that people have been using, but I will do
the experiment when I can.