Subject: bug#28591: 27.0.50; xterm-set-window-title

From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 09:45:01 +0900

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 13:24:24 -0400, Mark Oteiza wrote:
> Mark Oteiza <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> The feature looks nice but I want the original title to come back
>>> when Emacs exits or suspends (even if it launches with -Q).

>> I posted a patch here
>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-09/msg00728.html

>> but at the moment it's not clear to me how to handle other terminals
>> that use an xterm- family terminfo.

I use:

$ xterm -v
XTerm(327)

$ xterm&
Then the title bar of the launched xterm shows "xterm".

> The following lightly tested patch appears to do the right thing here.

Thanks.  I tried.  But nothing seems to be changed unfortunately.
When I run `emacs -nw' in the xterm, the title becomes to
"emacs@hostname" but the original title "xterm" is not pushed to
the `xterm-window-title-stack' variable.  And the title does not
come back to "xterm" when I exit or suspend Emacs -nw.

I tried adding `(error "XXX")' to the `xterm--title-handler'
function but nothing happens (with no error).  So, the function
doesn't seem to run by way of `xterm-push-title-stack'.

Regards,