Subject: [PATCH 0/7] Attempt to reduce memory growth

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2017 13:43:45 +0200

So!  This is an attempt to mitigate memory growth in the use case shown
at <https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28590>.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t that much: on the python.scm compilation
“benchmark”, there’s a bit less than 10% gain both in memory consumption
and CPU time.

I’ll try to combine that with incremental marking of the weak table, but
I’m not very hopeful.

Andy: I need your help!  :-)

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (7):
  weak-table: Fix unbounded growth of the disappearing link table.
  weak-table: Stress the GC a little less when resizing.
  weak-table: Make sure 'move_disappearing_links' actually moves links.
  weak-table: Always unregister previous links when inserting an entry.
  weak-table: 'move_weak_entry' reports disappeared links.
  weak-table: 'rob_from_rich' accounts for disappeared entries.
  weak-table: Resize less frequently.

 libguile/weak-table.c | 144 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 1 file changed, 114 insertions(+), 30 deletions(-)

-- 
2.14.2