Subject: bug#28586: closed (Re: go-build-system and Syncthing)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 01:48:02 +0000

Your bug report

#28586: go-build-system and Syncthing

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
28586: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28586
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: go-build-system and Syncthing
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 21:47:50 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Mon, Oct 02, 2017 at 04:23:25PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 04:36:51PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> > These patches add a go-build-system, a package for Syncthing, and
> > Syncthing's dependencies.
> 
> Here is the latest revision of these patches. I'll push them in a couple
> days if there are no further comments.

Revised again and pushed as 947453a88df953cf877acbef3bf03b0d78d40746.

Subject: go-build-system and Syncthing
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 16:36:51 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

These patches add a go-build-system, a package for Syncthing, and
Syncthing's dependencies.

The patch for Syncthing and its dependencies is squashed to make review
more convenient (there are dozens of packages). I can split this up into
individual commits before pushing.

There are a handful of XXX comments in (guix build go-build-system).
Advice welcome :)

Also, this build system does not attempt cross-compilation, earning
another XXX in (guix build-system go).

I've skipped a few package test suites in (gnu packages syncthing).
However, everything works for me, and Syncthing passes its test suite,
at least.