Subject: bug#28580: python.el: native completion setup failed

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 15:40:56 -0400

retitle 28580 [w32] python.el: native completion setup failed
quit

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 12:01 AM, Noam Postavsky
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Actually, I think this troubleshooting code I posted earlier would be
> helpful in your case as well:
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?filename=py-native-completion.el;att=1;msg=35;bug=25753
>
> Replace "python2" with the name of your python executable, and run via
>
>     emacs -Q -l py-native-completion.el
>
> post the output found in the "*py native complete test*" buffer.

I've now installed pyreadline on my Windows box. Unfortunately, as far
as I can tell there is no way to make native completion work on
Windows, readline simply won't work unless python is run from a
console. So we should just disable it under windows to stop the
annoying warning.