Subject: Re: bug#28580: python.el: native completion setup failed

From: Андрей Парамонов<[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 23:19:23 +0300

2017-09-24 23:06 GMT+03:00 Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>:

> Darn.  What if you M-x run-python and then use C-c C-c in "t.py" to send
> it to the shell?
>

Bad news: the message
Warning (python): Your ‘python-shell-interpreter’ doesn’t seem to support
readline, yet ‘python-shell-completion-native-enable’ was t and "py" is not
part of the ‘python-shell-completion-native-disabled-interpreters’ list.
Native completions have been disabled locally.
still appears when I M-x run-python

Good news: python shell buffer now displays
>>> python.el: native completion setup loaded
after I eval the contents of t.py. Actually, it displays the message upon
loading, and completion does work. I must have believed the warning rather
than checked, after install of pyreadline.

Why the message appears? It tells that completion is disabled which is not
true!

Best wishes,
Andrey Paramonov