Subject: [bug#28558] [PATCH] gnu: Add atool.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2017 22:47:44 +0200

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Reichör <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> On 23/09/17 07:49, Stefan Reichör wrote:
>>> * gnu/packages/compression.scm (atool): New variable.
>> Thanks for the patch. While adding all compression programs supported
>> (e.g. tar) as inputs is probably too much given their large number, I
>> think it would be good to add "file" and patch in the path to "file"
>> in bin/atool. WDYT?
>
> Thanks for your feedback. I don't think that file is an important tool
> for atool. At least I use only archives with the correct file extension.
> And all the archives that I remember that I downloaded from some site
> also provided the correct file extension. In that case file is not needed to
> detect the archive type.
>
> However, if you think that hard coding the full path to file is a good
> thing I will update my patch. It should be doable for me...

As discussed earlier in another thread, I think it’s a good idea to
hard-code absolute file names.  Could you update the patch accordingly?

TIA,
Ludo’.