Subject: 25.2; Emacs 25.3 -Q dll error: no ScriptFreeCache in GDI32.dll

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 07:31:57 -0700 (PDT)

Cannot even start Emacs using emacs -Q.

I immediately get this error:

  The procedure entry point ScriptFreeCache could not be located
  in the dynamic link library GDI32.dll.

See attached screenshot.

In GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2017-04-24 built on LAPHROAIG
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -static -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252