Subject: Re: bug#28524: 26.0.60; Truncation in %d displayed numbers in minor mode lighter

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 09:46:21 -0400

Hi Lars,

Thank you for following up on this issue.

I just reran the recipe on the Emacs 28.0.50 build that I have:

Emacs version: GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 5, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+
Version 3.22.30, cairo version 1.15.12)
 of 2021-08-10, built using commit 1572464b9271472b8d7a36b698541afc59b44870.

./configure options:
  --prefix=/home/kmodi/usr_local/apps/7/emacs/master
'--program-transform-name=s/^ctags$/ctags_emacs/' --with-modules
--with-harfbuzz --with-native-compilation
CPPFLAGS=-I/home/kmodi/stowed/7/include 'CFLAGS=-O2 -march=native'
'LDFLAGS=-L/home/kmodi/stowed/7/lib -L/home/kmodi/stowed/7/lib64'

Features:
  ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3
ZLIB

Now I do not see those numbers disappearing in the mode-line even when they
get to 2 digits.

[I also noted that now my build options related to GUI are a bit different
than what I reported with earlier. Earlier, I was on RHEL 6.8, and now I am
on CentOS 7. In any case, I cannot reproduce that issue on my build.]

This issue can be closed.

Thanks!

--
Kaushal Modi

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 9:07 AM Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > 4. Now move the cursor around.. you will see the number after "test:"
> > increment.. once it reaches 9, the next increment would be 10.. but then
> the
> > numbers disappear altogether. You see this now:
>
> (I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately were not resolved
> at the time.)
>
> I tried reproducing this in Emacs 26.1 (and Emacs 28), but was unable
> to -- I could see no display glitches in the mode line like in the
> images included here.
>
> Are you still seeing this issue in recent Emacs versions?
>
> --
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>    bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no
>