Subject: bug#28524: 26.0.60; Truncation in %d displayed numbers in minor mode lighter

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 16:18:53 +0000

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 12:16 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > I don't understand the exact meaning of those numbers "0 2", but looks
> like that limits the number of
> > characters to be displayed after "test:"?
>
> No, it means that the face covers 2 characters starting with the first
> one.
>

Thanks.

I don't think I understand all the complexity you've gone through,
> because this works for me in the current emacs-26 branch:
>
>   (insert (format (propertize "%d" 'face 'font-lock-warning-face) 10))
>

That works, and so I had to come up with this recipe. Can you see the
problem too if you follow this recipe? Did you also see the screenshots I
took based on this recipe in emacs -Q?

> How is this different from what you do?
>

It probably has something to do with a function call (test-incr) instead of
a static value like 10?
-- 

Kaushal Modi