Subject: 25.3; Unable to run 64-bit GNU Emacs 25.3 on Windows 7

From: 张鸥 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 11:43:25 +0800

Hi,

I download https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-25.3-x86_64.zip

and I'm sure the package is valid. I got this error message while starting
GNU Emacs.

"The procedure entry point ScriptFreeCache could not be located in the

dynamic link library GDI32.dll".

 And I found

https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-25.2-x86_64.zip or

https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-25.3-i686.zip are good and

work well.

Now I have to use the 3rd-party build from

https://github.com/zklhp/emacs-w64/releases/download/e0284ab/emacs-w64-25.3-O2-with-modules.7z
,

which is much smaller than the official one. I am so confusing :(

Please fix it ASAP. Thanks very much!

 In GNU Emacs 25.3.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)

 of 2017-09-13 built on KAEL

Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601

Configured using:

 'configure --prefix=/tmp/emacs --without-imagemagick --without-dbus

--with-modules 'CFLAGS=-O2 -g0''

Configured features:

XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB

TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES

Important settings:

  value of $LANG: ENU

  locale-coding-system: cp936

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:

  server-mode: t

  save-place-mode: t

  spaceline-info-mode: t

  smooth-scrolling-mode: t

  electric-pair-mode: t

  global-hl-line-mode: t

  show-paren-mode: t

  winner-mode: t

  window-numbering-mode: t

  popwin-mode: t

  eyebrowse-mode: t

  browse-url-dwim-mode: t

  dumb-jump-mode: t

  savehist-mode: t

  global-linum-mode: t

  drag-stuff-global-mode: t

  drag-stuff-mode: t

  global-auto-revert-mode: t

  ace-pinyin-global-mode: t

  ace-pinyin-mode: t

  global-anzu-mode: t

  anzu-mode: t

  back-button-mode: t

  global-hungry-delete-mode: t

  hungry-delete-mode: t

  global-undo-tree-mode: t

  undo-tree-mode: t

  counsel-mode: t

  ivy-mode: t

  delete-selection-mode: t

  company-statistics-mode: t

  company-quickhelp-mode: t

  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t

  global-company-mode: t

  company-mode: t

  yas-global-mode: t

  yas-minor-mode: t

  indent-guide-global-mode: t

  indent-guide-mode: t

  diff-hl-flydiff-mode: t

  global-diff-hl-mode: t

  volatile-highlights-mode: t

  which-key-mode: t

  flycheck-pos-tip-mode: t

  global-flycheck-mode: t

  flycheck-mode: t

  projectile-rails-global-mode: t

  projectile-mode: t

  diff-auto-refine-mode: t

  recentf-mode: t

  goto-address-mode: t

  editorconfig-mode: t

  persistent-scratch-autosave-mode: t

  desktop-save-mode: t

  override-global-mode: t

  tooltip-mode: t

  global-eldoc-mode: t

  electric-indent-mode: t

  mouse-wheel-mode: t

  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t

  file-name-shadow-mode: t

  global-font-lock-mode: t

  font-lock-mode: t

  blink-cursor-mode: t

  auto-composition-mode: t

  auto-encryption-mode: t

  auto-compression-mode: t

  buffer-read-only: t

  size-indication-mode: t

  column-number-mode: t

  line-number-mode: t

  auto-fill-function: yas--auto-fill

  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:

[a-z..]:Set [SPC]:clear

TODO state changed to DOING

Note stored

Saving all Org-mode buffers...

Saving file c:/Users/zhangv11/AppData/Roaming/org/Team_Meeting.org...

Wrote c:/Users/zhangv11/AppData/Roaming/org/Team_Meeting.org

Saving all Org-mode buffers... done

Rebuilding agenda buffer...done

funcall-interactively: Text is read-only

insert-for-yank: Text is read-only

Load-path shadows:

c:/Users/zhangv11/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/seq-2.20/seq hides
c:/emacs/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq

Features:

(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mm-decode

mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader

sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils org-colview diary-lib

diary-loaddefs cal-iso company-c-headers org-agenda tide tide-lv imenu

typescript-mode cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles

cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs pager ivy-rich bookmark pp esup

esup-child benchmark time colir smex ido server saveplace

spaceline-config spaceline-segments spaceline powerline

powerline-separators powerline-themes smooth-scrolling ace-link

elec-pair hl-line paren browse-kill-ring derived windmove winner

window-numbering popwin eyebrowse browse-url-dwim string-utils dumb-jump

popup markdown-mode org-indent org-bullets org-element org-rmail org-mhe

org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view image-mode dired-rainbow

dired-hacks-utils dired-quick-sort savehist dired-x dired org-bibtex

bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m ob-ruby ob-python org org-macro org-footnote

org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline

org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp

org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs

org-loaddefs cal-china-x cal-china lunar solar cal-dst holidays

hol-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs linum-off linum drag-stuff

autorevert filenotify ace-pinyin pinyinlib anzu back-button

persistent-soft list-utils pcache eieio-compat eieio-base ucs-utils

nav-flash pulse hungry-delete undo-tree counsel-projectile counsel

jka-compr esh-util swiper ivy delsel ivy-overlay ffap url-parse

auth-source gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache

url-vars company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags

company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf

company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim

company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company-shell

company-yasnippet company-robe company-statistics company-quickhelp

company mocha-snippets yasnippet indent-guide diff-hl-flydiff diff

diff-hl smartrep vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher etags xref project eieio

eieio-core volatile-highlights which-key avy-flycheck avy

flycheck-pos-tip pos-tip flycheck find-func subr-x projectile-rails json

map rake f dash s inflections inf-ruby ruby-mode smie projectile grep

compile comint ibuf-ext ibuffer vc-git diff-mode open-junk-file recentf

tree-widget goto-addr aggressive-indent cap-words superword subword

symbol-overlay highlight-parentheses rainbow-mode ansi-color color

rainbow-delimiters fic-mode whitespace editorconfig persistent-scratch

init-restore desktop frameset init-prog init-web init-ruby init-python

init-go init-c init-emacs-lisp init-projectile init-flycheck init-vcs

init-org hydra ring lv init-utils init-eshell init-shell init-window

init-kill-ring init-ibuffer init-highlight init-dired init-calendar

init-yasnippet init-company init-ivy init-edit init-ui cnfonts

cnfonts-ui cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit thingatpt format-spec

monokai-theme init-basic init-package use-package diminish bind-key

easy-mmode finder-inf edmacro kmacro rx cl-seq cl-macs cl info advice

package epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra

help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib init-custom init-const

time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks

lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars

term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe

tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page

menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock

syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang

misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms

cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian

cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help

simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces

cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format

env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote

w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:

((conses 16 615546 245849)

 (symbols 56 68790 5)

 (miscs 48 1451 1427)

 (strings 32 418735 96795)

 (string-bytes 1 10118741)

 (vectors 16 60650)

 (vector-slots 8 3086339 121197)

 (floats 8 1792 728)

 (intervals 56 22697 2943)

 (buffers 976 49))
Thanks & Regards
Vincent Zhang