Subject: bug#28481: closed (Re: bug#28481: just fails on 23.4 (close it then))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 07:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#28481: 26.0.50; other-frame and matchbox window manager

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
28481: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28481
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#28481: just fails on 23.4 (close it then)
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: Andrés Ramírez <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 09:56:34 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

 > I have had a problem for a long time. on my phone (n900) other-frame
 > does not raise the next frame. But It does when modifying the function other-frame:
 > --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
 > +    (raise-frame frame)
 >      (select-frame-set-input-focus frame)))
 > --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

...

 > i have retested again.
 >
 > and It just fails with 23.4 that I have been using until a month ago.
 >
 > as 23.4 is not supported anymore You surely could close this bug.

This is a bit surprising since the respective code has not changed in
all these years including the call for ‘raise-frame’ in
‘select-frame-set-input-focus’.  I have no idea why calling
‘raise-frame’ before calling ‘select-frame’ should have any impact on
this.  Closing anyway.

Thanks, martin

Subject: 26.0.50; other-frame and matchbox window manager
From: [email-masked] (Andrés Ramírez)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 10:06:30 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I have had a problem for a long time. on my phone (n900) other-frame
does not raise the next frame. But It does when modifying the function other-frame:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+    (raise-frame frame)
    (select-frame-set-input-focus frame)))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I am not sure. How this should be fixed.

Perhaps with a var like 'focus-follows-mouse'.

Best Regards

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 1, arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2017-07-15 built on chulpaca
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 9.1 (stretch)

Recent messages:
Loading /home/soni/.emacs.d/personal/configs/external/.emacs-rc-wl.el (source)...done
Loading /home/soni/.emacs.d/lisp/emms-get-lyrics.el (source)...done
after the init file
Loading /home/soni/.emacs.d/init.el (source)...done
Loading /home/soni/.emacs.d/my-noexternals.el (source)...
Created wl link.
loading my-noexternal not dot file
restoring gc-cons-threshold after startup
Loading /home/soni/.emacs.d/my-noexternals.el (source)...done
Package iswitchb is obsolete!

Configured using:
 'configure --build=arm-linux-gnueabihf --prefix=/usr
 '--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man'
 '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
 --disable-silent-rules '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf'
 '--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf'
 --disable-maintainer-mode --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr
 --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --pdfdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs --with-sound --without-gconf --with-xft
 --without-xwidgets --with-gameuser=:games 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/soni/abs/emacs-26.0.50=. -fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils add-log my-noexternals server time org-wl org-element
avl-tree org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell parse-time
ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs sm-c-mode derived pcase smie delsel netrc
emms-get-lyrics mbsync rx my-misc-setup ido seq which-func iswitchb
savehist paren hl-line my-erc-setup erc-services erc-sasl cl erc-list
erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring erc-track erc-match erc-button wid-edit erc-fill
erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat
format-spec auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs password-cache pp
my-defuns-setup imenu thingatpt info-look info google-c-style gtags
cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib jka-compr
advice lemacs-public time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 330966 137549)
 (symbols 24 33793 2)
 (miscs 20 70 241)
 (strings 16 73745 13069)
 (string-bytes 1 2289919)
 (vectors 8 50758)
 (vector-slots 4 900482 153180)
 (floats 8 124 417)
 (intervals 28 361 0)
 (buffers 520 11))