Subject: Re: bug#28472: 26.0.50; Deadlock in Fkill_emacs on MS-Windows

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 09:47:30 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 14:15:51 +0300
>> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>>
>> Thanks.  I see nothing in this backtrace that could tell what to do to
>> avoid the hang.  All the threads are stuck in system calls, two of
>> then in WaitForSingleObject.  So it sounds like some race condition,
>> but I have no idea what that could be.  FWIW, it never happened to me
>> during a bootstrap.
>>
>> It could be bug#14333, which we never solved.  But the backtraces
>> there were more informative.
>
> One possible way to gain more info is to add printf's in several
> places in term_timers and in term_ntproc, and see what this tells us
> about where Emacs gets stuck.  But make sure bootstrap commands don't
> redirect stdout/stderr to some place, or you may not see the output.

No more information was given within 2 years, 46 weeks. Since the
backtrace was not enough to make any progress, I'm closing this bug now.

If this is still an issue, please reply to this email (use "Reply to
all" in your email client) and we can reopen the bug report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas