Subject: 26.0.50; diff in vc-outgoing doesn't work properly

From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 22:34:10 -0600

I'm using vc-dir mode.
I used "O" to show the outgoing changes.

In the *vc-outgoing* buffer, I selected the entire buffer
(C-x h) and then typed "=" to make a diff.

I was expecting to see a diff showing the combined contents of all 3 of
my outgoing patches.

However, the generated diff is missing the oldest patch in the series.

Tom

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 20, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.17)
 of 2017-09-14 built on bapiya
Repository revision: a7036e04014e5b0548653f26f87ee9e98be05ba3
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11903000
System Description:	Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five)

Recent messages:
Mark set
Quit [3 times]
Mark activated
next-line: End of buffer
Finding changes in ....
Quit [2 times]
next-line: End of buffer
Mark set
previous-line: Beginning of buffer
Finding changes in ....
scroll-up-command: End of buffer
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/tromey/Emacs/install'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Diff

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-hl-nicks-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/play/bubbles

Features:
(shadow emacsbug org-bullets org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus
org-docview doc-view image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m
org-element avl-tree generator org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp
ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs goto-addr
log-edit tcl smerge-mode find-dired shell shr svg dom supercite regi
mail-hist nnir mm-archive mailalias gnus-html url-queue help-fns
radix-tree browse-url xml url-cache mm-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util sort
smiley gnus-cite gnus-bcklg gnus-async mail-extr gnus-ml disp-table
gnus-topic nndraft nnmh nnfolder utf-7 network-stream nsm starttls
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp
gnus-cache gnus-registry registry ebdb-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
smtpmail gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7
netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus
nnheader pulse etags xref project dabbrev jka-compr misearch
multi-isearch texinfo copyright bug-reference cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds add-log log-view pcvs-util map vc-git diff-mode
easy-mmode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs elec-pair flyspell
ispell diminish edmacro kmacro projectile grep compile ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs dash appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs which-func imenu
minimap autorevert filenotify cus-start cus-load status erc-services
erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete
erc-track erc-match erc-netsplit erc-hl-nicks color erc-button erc-fill
erc-stamp wid-edit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat thingatpt pp
warnings advice vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ebdb-complete ebdb-message sendmail message
puny dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm mailabbrev ebdb-format qp
ebdb cl-extra help-mode eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
find-func eieio-base pcase subr-x cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
timezone ange-ftp comint ansi-color ring server savehist finder-inf
dwarf-mode-autoloads gdb-shell-autoloads lisppaste-autoloads
pydoc-info-autoloads info-look cl weblogger-autoloads info package
easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1344642 1361281)
 (symbols 48 53087 3)
 (miscs 40 11459 454)
 (strings 32 518815 50035)
 (string-bytes 1 13923769)
 (vectors 16 242764)
 (vector-slots 8 2919741 62026)
 (floats 8 519 469)
 (intervals 56 20555 1635)
 (buffers 992 57))