Subject: bug#28464: 25.3; regression in erc track notifications after upgrading to 25.3.1

From: Joseph Mingrone <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 13:22:27 -0300

Nicolas Petton <[email-masked]> writes:

> Joseph Mingrone <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> It is difficult to see how this could be, because there were literally
>>> zero changes between 25.2 and 25.3 except for those related to
>>> the enriched issue.

>> Agreed.  I did read the NEWS for 25.3 before submitting and saw that was
>> the only changed, but I repeated the recipe a few times and I see the
>> same behaviour?

> Could it be the packaging of Emacs 25.3 on FreeBSD?

> Cheers,
> Nico

I think I have figured out the problem.  I have the following
customized.

'(erc-track-faces-priority-list '(erc-error-face erc-current-nick-face erc-keyword-face erc-nick-msg-face erc-direct-msg-face erc-dangerous-host-face erc-notice-face erc-prompt-face))
'(erc-track-priority-faces-only 'all)

When I tested with emacs-25.3 -Q, I think I missed the notification in
the mode line, because it was only the string "[t]" in a location in the
mode line I was not used to because of customizations I have been using
for years.

Sorry for the noise,

Joseph