Subject: bug#28462: [PATCH] Re: bug#28462: gnucash dies when generating reports in i3, works in GNOME

From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 21:30:24 -0700

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> As a ratpoison user, I also suffered from problems caused by the lack of
> a GSettings backend when not running Gnome; for example, the preferences
> would not be saved across GnuCash restarts.
>
> To fix this, I had to manually install dbus and dconf to my profile.

FYI, we have a dbus-service (maybe it didn't exist when this bug report
was created).  Please see "(guix) Desktop Services" in the Guix manual.
If you set it up, does it help, or is there more work to be done to fix
this problem when running Gnucash outside of GNOME?

Note also that Gnucash has been updated since this bug report was
originally opened.  In particular, on the current core-updates branch,
we have upgraded Gnucash to 3.0.  You might consider trying that
version.  However, please be careful and make backups before doing so,
since there are backwards-incompatible changes going from Gnucash 2 to
3.  For details on the changes, see the Gnucash News posts here:

https://www.gnucash.org/news.phtml

-- 
Chris