Subject: Re: bug#28446: [email-masked] should select 4.1.x, not 4.13.x

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 13:31:08 +0200

Hello,

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> Currently, the package specification "[email-masked]" selects version
>>> 4.13.  It should instead select version 4.1.
>>
>> We consider everthing following the “@” a version string prefix.  Since
>> versions are arbitrary strings “4.1” is considered a valid prefix of
>> “4.13”.  If a user supplied the version string “4.1.” they would get the
>> appropriate package.

I pushed a fix that I think does what we want as
348987d3d12ebaf11fdbcc3dbd56585e7d69a1f5.

Basically ‘version-prefix?’ splits a version string at dots and compares
whole components.

Thanks,
Ludo’.