Subject: Re: bug#28442: 26.0.50; desktop-save-mode no longer restores correct frame size on macOS

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 14:20:34 -0800

On November 23, 2017 at 12:41:18 PM, Alan Third
([email-masked](mailto:[email-masked])) wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 08:46:09AM +0100, martin rudalics wrote:
> I can’t reproduce the original report. I do see a reduction in size if
> I set the frame using pixels, because it reduces down to the nearest
> multiple of glyph width on restore. I’d expect that to be a one‐time
> thing, though.

Yes, I think it’s the initial resize that happens and only if my size
is set with (setq frame-resize-pixelwise t). Ultimately that means
that Emacs doesn’t return to the size I want.

I originally set out to submit
https://github.com/aaronjensen/restore-frame-position to MELPA and was
told about desktop-save-mode. If it’s behaving “as expected”, that is,
it should not respect frame-resize-pixelwise then maybe I’ll resubmit
to MELPA in case anyone else wants to restore frame position w/ pixel
precision.

Thanks,

Aaron