Subject: 26.0.50; shr doesn't place point on anchors

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 10:23:11 +0200

A user sent me an email noting:

---

I was using eww and shr 25.1 and found that shr is not handling # hash in-file
references properly on URLs.  From looking at the code, it looks like when it
encounters a matching name within an <a> tag, it tries to add a text
property for later matching but the property value is a string and text
property values are compared with eq, so this will never match.

Hash references can refer to id="string" attributes and could occur in <div>
tags as well.

[...]

http://www.gnu.org/s/hyperbole#summary

---

I have verified that this bug is present in Emacs 26, too.  This used to
work at some point but is apparently broken now.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11)
 of 2017-07-18 built on mouse
Repository revision: fa72de6cf74735c1983720c818b6d67af832e646
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11903000
System Description:	Ubuntu 17.04

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no