Subject: bug#28431: 26.0.50; pages directory does not appear

From: Marco Wahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 16:41:54 +0200

ACTION

M-x load-library page-ext
C-xpd (which is `pages-directory')

OUTCOME

No pages directory.  A message appears about the buffer being read only.

EXPECTATION

The pages directory.

Suggestion for the fix: Switch not too early to pages-directory-mode in
function `pages-directory'.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.16)
 of 2017-07-19 built on tm6592
Repository revision: 1f08279e1b20bd1e07132b6ee0a25a154811615a
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11903000
System Description:	Arch Linux

Recent messages:
C-x C-p n is undefined
Saving file /home/b/.emacs.d/url/cookies...
Wrote /home/b/.emacs.d/url/cookies
No completions of ./ema

Creating directory for: *scratch* 
1 matching lines in: *scratch*
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
avy-handler-default: No such candidate, 9

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: 
  value of $LC_CTYPE: 
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: 
  value of $LC_MONETARY: 
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: 
  value of $LC_TIME: 
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  semantic-minor-modes-format: ((:eval (if (or semantic-highlight-edits-mode semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode)  S)))
  beacon-mode: t
  checkdoc-minor-mode: t
  moz-controller-global-mode: t
  moz-controller-mode: t
  zen-reward-mode: t
  nyan-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  global-lentic-mode: t
  lentic-mode: t
  ido-hacks-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  on-screen-global-mode: t
  wrap-region-global-mode: t
  wrap-region-mode: t
  keyfreq-autosave-mode: t
  keyfreq-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  timeclock-mode-line-display: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  cl-old-struct-compat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  prettify-symbols-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
Error during checking
Features:
(shadow bbdb-message mailalias emacsbug find-dired pulse font-latex
plain-tex tex-buf latex-mode-expansions latex tex-ispell tex-style tex
tex-mode rust-mode ruby-mode-expansions ruby-mode macrostep-c cmacexp
em-unix em-term term ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred
em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias face-remap
dictionary link connection ein-org ein-notebooklist ein-file
ein-notebook ein-inspector ein-traceback ein-pytools ein-pager
ein-completer ein-subpackages ein-notification ein-scratchsheet
ein-worksheet ein-kill-ring ein-cell-output ein-cell-edit ein-cell
ein-skewer skewer-mode cache-table js2-mode-expansions js2-mode
js-mode-expansions js simple-httpd ein-output-area ein-kernelinfo
ein-kernel ein-ipdb ein-events ein-websocket websocket bindat
ein-contents-api ein-query request-deferred deferred request ein-node
ein-log ein-classes ein-core ein-utils ein org-indent bug-reference
projectile grep counsel flycheck quail haskell haskell-completions
haskell-load haskell-commands highlight-uses-mode haskell-modules
haskell-sandbox haskell-navigate-imports haskell-repl haskell-collapse
hideshow haskell-debug haskell-interactive-mode
haskell-presentation-mode haskell-compile haskell-process
haskell-session haskell-hoogle elisp-refs loop help-macro
html-mode-expansions sgml-mode julia-shell julia-mode inf-lisp
cider-interaction cider-repl cider-resolve cider-eldoc cider-test
cider-overlays cider-stacktrace cider-doc org-table cider-grimoire
cider-popup cider-client cider-common cider-util clojure-mode-expansions
clojure-mode align nrepl-client queue nrepl-dict cider-compat spinner
esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups
eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util dired-x mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode
mc-separate-operations rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop
mc-cycle-cursors mc-edit-lines mc-mark-more finder pdf-links ibuf-ext
ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs pdf-tools pdf-isearch warnings tablist
tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent pdf-misc pdf-view pdf-cache pdf-info pdf-util
tar-mode calc-bin names autoload url-cache diff org-colview
python-el-fgallina-expansions python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize gnus-dired view eieio-opt speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe magit-bookmark bookmark sh-script smie
executable two-column iso-transl cal-move cl-print ace-window
org-archive tabify zone zone-nyan esxml password-store misearch
multi-isearch hl-line cal-iso org-duration shr-color color mm-archive
smiley gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-bcklg gnus-async gnus-kill qp gnus-ml
nndraft nnmh nndoc utf-7 epa-file network-stream starttls nnfolder
bbdb-gnus nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-cache gnus-demon nntp smtpmail sendmail beacon checkdoc
page-ext erc-dcc battery emacsshot rope-read-mode org-timer org-clock
disp-table org-velocity org-learn org-invoice org-elisp-symbol
org-depend org-w3m org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-inlinetask org-info
org-habit org-gnus org-eww org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode
org-ctags org-crypt org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb exwm-randr xcb-randr
exwm-config exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage
exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core
xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types jl-encrypt maxima
maxima-font-lock moz-controller moz org-section-numbers
org-structure-as-dirs-and-files org-bullets carry-region
cursor-color-mode ariadne-marks mw-mark txr-mode auto-complete
herald-the-mode-line reverse-words logbook-sorter go-up cal-china lunar
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs bbdb-anniv appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs auxies-eww hacks auxies-rest org-supplements
little-helpers bbdb-mua bbdb-com gnorb-bbdb bbdb bbdb-site timezone
bbdb-loaddefs emms-librefm-stream emms-librefm-scrobbler
emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n
emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode
emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq
emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams emms-show-all
emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-info later-do emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc
emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file locate emms-setup emms emms-compat org-protocol
slime-fancy slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch
slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu
slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl elp slime-parse slime lisp-mnt gud apropos arc-mode
archive-mode hyperspec slime-autoloads refine git-timemachine elmacro
emr-c emr-elisp emr-lisp list-utils emr-iedit which-func emr-prog emr
popup git-auto-commit-mode nyan-mode sotlisp skeleton gnuplot info-look
helm helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib aurel url-http url-auth
url-gw nsm bui bui-list bui-info bui-entry bui-core bui-history
bui-button bui-utils cus-edit rase solar cal-dst gnorb gnorb-org
gnorb-registry gnus-registry registry gnorb-gnus gnorb-utils org-agenda
org-capture org-attach vc-git org-id gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig nngnorb nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win nnoo smartparens lispy
hydra lv swiper ivy ivy-overlay ffap iedit iedit-lib
multiple-cursors-core rect lispy-inline semantic/db eieio-base
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff edebug help-fns radix-tree
lispy-tags key-chord company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb
company pcase magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-branch magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode diff-mode
magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-process
magit-margin magit-mode magit-git magit-section magit-popup git-commit
magit-utils crm log-edit message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp server lentic-mode
lentic-doc lentic-ox lentic-org lentic-chunk ox-texinfo ox-org ox-odt
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse
nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-md ox-icalendar ox-html table
ox-beamer ox-latex ox-ascii ox-publish ox eww puny mm-url gnus nnheader
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
mm-util mail-prsvr url-queue shr svg dom browse-url lentic eieio-compat
m-buffer-at m-buffer m-buffer-macro ido-hacks ido expand-region
text-mode-expansions cc-mode-expansions the-org-mode-expansions
er-basic-expansions expand-region-core expand-region-custom
browse-kill-ring derived form-feed page-break-lines on-screen
wrap-region keyfreq stumpwm-mode dired-narrow delsel dired-hacks-utils
chronos notifications dbus xml cl-extra help-mode ace-link avy camcorder
dired-async dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs async elm-mode
elm-interactive url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap subr-x elm-font-lock
elm-indent elm-imenu elm-format elm-tags elm-util inf-haskell
haskell-decl-scan imenu haskell-mode haskell-cabal haskell-utils
haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme rx haskell-align-imports
haskell-compat haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support flymake etags
xref project compile dabbrev haskell-customize let-alist json map f dash
s use-package diminish bind-key finder-inf tex-site edmacro kmacro cl
screenshot-autoloads info package epg-config url-handlers url-parse
url-vars seq org-element avl-tree org advice org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-octave ob-makefile ob-forth ob-R ob-haskell
ob-maxima ob-java ob-plantuml ob-sqlite ob-sql ob-screen ob-J ob-io
ob-shell shell ob-clojure ob-scheme ob-gnuplot ob-dot ob-ditaa ob-lisp
ob-css ob-js ob-org ob-ledger ob-latex ob-calc calc-store calc-trail
calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-python
ob-awk ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys
ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ert find-func ewoc debug .emacs-custom
winner timeclock paren avoid image-file erc-list erc-menu easymenu
erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete time-date pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring erc-track erc-match erc-button wid-edit erc-fill
erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat
format-spec auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs password-cache thingatpt pp
time desktop frameset cl-loaddefs cl-lib cus-start cus-load mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 3093037 378362)
 (symbols 48 118991 458)
 (miscs 40 53953 25663)
 (strings 32 570287 41281)
 (string-bytes 1 20280964)
 (vectors 16 202555)
 (vector-slots 8 4046639 189718)
 (floats 8 2362 5736)
 (intervals 56 242938 18998)
 (buffers 976 194))

-- 
Marco Wahl -- Freelancer
https://marcowahl.github.io