Subject: bug#2843: 23.0.92; Emacs.app cannot display X bitmaps

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 01:05:41 +0200

Am 10.07.2011 um 20:29 schrieb Glenn Morris:

> Do you still see this issue in the latest version?

No, the NS variant of GNU Emacs 24.0.50 shows the GNU Emacs logo (etc/ 
images/splash.?) and the toolbar icons OK. The AppKit variant of GNU  
Emacs 23.3 (emacs-23.3-mac-1.9992) shows the toolbar icons OK, no  
splash screen, but when I visit the splash files they are also  
displayed OK.

The NS variant of GNU Emacs 24.0.50 shows the GNU Emacs logo slightly  
different than splash.png (it can't be splash.xpm because of the 3D  
effect shades). And it cannot display splash.svg

	Cannot display image: (Invalid image type `svg')

It also has a problem with splash.pbm: it's displayed as one deep  
black square. The mode-line contains (Image[pbm]).

The Mac OS X variants were launched as:

	emacs-23.3-mac-1.9992/mac/Emacs-23.3.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -Q &
	emacs-24.0.50/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -Q & (or -q for  
the splash screen)

--
Greetings

   Pete

Clovis' Consideration of an Atmospheric Anomaly:
         The perversity of nature is nowhere better demonstrated than  
by the fact that, when exposed to the same atmosphere, bread becomes  
hard while crackers become soft