Subject: bug#28427: closed (done)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 02:22:02 +0000

Your bug report

#28427: 26.0.50; revert-buffer and git vc-outgoing

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
28427: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28427
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: done
From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 20:17:24 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fix checked in.

Tom

Subject: 26.0.50; revert-buffer and git vc-outgoing
From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 16:24:13 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I have a local git branch.  I open vc-dir and use "O" to get the
outgoing revisions.

In *vc-outgoing*, if I type 'g' (revert-buffer), it doesn't first erase
the buffer, so all the outgoing revisions are repeated.

Tom

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 18, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.17)
 of 2017-09-09 built on bapiya
Repository revision: 4131f9785e30f2a31745125c714e922892113c62
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11903000
System Description:	Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five)

Recent messages:
There are unresolved conflicts in /home/tromey/gdb/binutils-gdb/gdb/break-catch-sig.c
Hiding up-to-date and ignored items
Mark set
Finding changes in .... [10 times]
When done with a buffer, type C-x #
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Saving file /home/tromey/gdb/binutils-gdb/.git/rebase-merge/git-rebase-todo...
Wrote /home/tromey/gdb/binutils-gdb/.git/rebase-merge/git-rebase-todo
Finding changes in ....
scroll-down-command: Beginning of buffer
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/tromey/Emacs/install'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: VC dir

Minor modes in effect:
  gdb-many-windows: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-hl-nicks-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/play/bubbles

Features:
(gdb-mi bindat json gud shadow emacsbug noutline outline tcl supercite
regi mail-hist nnir texinfo gnus-draft jka-compr make-mode find-file
term/xterm xterm goto-addr log-edit shell find-dired pulse vc-mtn vc-hg
etags xref project log-view pcvs-util smerge-mode bug-reference cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs
vc-rcs copyright vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode map shr-color shr svg dom
flow-fill mm-archive gnus-html url-queue browse-url xml url-cache mm-url
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util misearch multi-isearch mailalias sort smiley
gnus-cite gnus-async gnus-bcklg mail-extr gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic
nndraft nnmh nnfolder utf-7 network-stream nsm starttls gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache
gnus-registry registry ebdb-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo smtpmail
gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc
nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus add-log
nnheader profiler cl-print debug dabbrev help-fns radix-tree elec-pair
flyspell ispell diminish edmacro kmacro projectile grep compile ibuf-ext
ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs dash appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs which-func
imenu minimap autorevert filenotify cus-start cus-load status
erc-services erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks
erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-netsplit erc-hl-nicks
color erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp wid-edit erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat thingatpt pp warnings advice vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ebdb-complete ebdb-message
sendmail message puny dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader ebdb-mua ebdb-com
crm mailabbrev ebdb-format qp ebdb cl-extra help-mode eieio-opt speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe find-func eieio-base pcase subr-x cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs timezone ange-ftp comint ansi-color ring server
savehist finder-inf dwarf-mode-autoloads gdb-shell-autoloads
lisppaste-autoloads pydoc-info-autoloads info-look cl
weblogger-autoloads info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1681941 719408)
 (symbols 48 54291 204)
 (miscs 40 18654 4416)
 (strings 32 560202 26225)
 (string-bytes 1 14961037)
 (vectors 16 247469)
 (vector-slots 8 3737403 203244)
 (floats 8 492 1291)
 (intervals 56 79614 2297)
 (buffers 992 145))