Subject: bug#28412: 26.0.50; Let save-some-buffers accept write-contents-functions

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 19:23:10 +0000

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 3:12 PM Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Also, there don't appear to be any built-in functions or regexps for
> dealing with "hidden" buffers, I'm assuming:
>
> (not (string-prefix-p " " (buffer-name buffer)))
>
> is okay?
>

That crossed my mind too. So I had started looking for its existing
implementation, and found this in buff-menu.el inside list-buffers--refresh
function:

    (string= (substring name 0 1) " ")

I was wondering if that should be wrapped into a function like
buffer-internal-p (based on the many docstrings like below in buff-menu.el:
"By default, the Buffer Menu lists all buffers except those whose names
start with a space (which are for internal use)."). Having a function like
this would be better than having that logic implemented in different ways
in the emacs core.

I just don't know the best place to put this function definition. Eli?
-- 

Kaushal Modi