Subject: bug#28409: 26.0.50; xref, tags, and multiple projects

From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 12:29:03 -0600

I have multiple projects open at a given time.

If I use xref on two projects, and load tags file for both, I would like
it if the tags were project-specific.  Currently I only have the option
to keep all the tags files together, which sometimes leads to conflicts
where the same symbol appears in both projects.

Tom

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 18, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.17)
 of 2017-09-09 built on bapiya
Repository revision: 4131f9785e30f2a31745125c714e922892113c62
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11903000
System Description:	Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five)

Recent messages:
Mark set
scroll-down-command: Beginning of buffer [2 times]
scroll-up-command: End of buffer
Mark set
Sending...
Mark set [2 times]
Sending via mail...
Sending email 
Sending email done
Sending...done

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/tromey/Emacs/install'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Change Log

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  bug-reference-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-hl-nicks-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/play/bubbles

Features:
(two-column iso-transl cus-edit gnus-fun follow org-bullets org-rmail
org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view image-mode
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org-element avl-tree generator org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs shadow emacsbug make-mode cc-awk texinfo log-edit
cl-print debug nndoc gnus-dup debbugs-gnu debbugs soap-client url-http
url-auth url-gw rng-xsd rng-dt rng-util xsd-regexp smerge-mode
whitespace gnus-html url-queue help-fns radix-tree url-cache mm-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf goto-addr log-view pcvs-util term/xterm xterm shell find-file
copyright pulse etags xref project vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs
vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs jka-compr shr-color url-util shr svg xml dom
browse-url find-dired add-log misearch multi-isearch bug-reference
vc-git diff-mode map cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds dabbrev
supercite easy-mmode regi mail-hist nnir flow-fill mm-archive mailalias
sort smiley gnus-cite gnus-async gnus-bcklg mail-extr gnus-ml disp-table
gnus-topic nndraft nnmh nnfolder utf-7 network-stream nsm starttls
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp
gnus-cache gnus-registry registry ebdb-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
smtpmail gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7
netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus
nnheader elec-pair flyspell ispell diminish edmacro kmacro projectile
grep compile ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs dash appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs which-func imenu minimap autorevert filenotify cus-start
cus-load status erc-services erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring
erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-netsplit
erc-hl-nicks color erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp wid-edit erc-goodies
erc erc-backend erc-compat thingatpt pp warnings advice vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ebdb-complete
ebdb-message sendmail message puny dired dired-loaddefs format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader ebdb-mua ebdb-com
crm mailabbrev ebdb-format qp ebdb cl-extra help-mode eieio-opt speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe find-func eieio-base pcase subr-x cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs timezone ange-ftp comint ansi-color ring server
savehist finder-inf dwarf-mode-autoloads gdb-shell-autoloads
lisppaste-autoloads pydoc-info-autoloads info-look cl
weblogger-autoloads info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2503593 515035)
 (symbols 48 64439 8)
 (miscs 40 17952 8405)
 (strings 32 639509 148108)
 (string-bytes 1 16807756)
 (vectors 16 260824)
 (vector-slots 8 4040399 134336)
 (floats 8 6541 3197)
 (intervals 56 175014 2873)
 (buffers 992 222))