Subject: bug#28405: Adding entries to LaTeX-indent-environment-list

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 17:37:54 +0900

Hi Arash,

>>>>> Arash Esbati <[email-masked]> writes:
> Thanks for raising this inconsistency.  My vote is to harmonize this and
> add all math environments to `LaTeX-indent-environment-list',
> i.e. disabling filling.  Then the question is how a user can control the
> custom variable when we add entries to it as a style is loaded like in
> your patch above?  For example, how can I decide here that "multline"
> shouldn't be in that variable?  Or am I missing something?

Thank you for pointing this out. I realized that my recent commits
aren't compatible with user's customization on
`LaTeX-indent-environment-list'. I have to reconsider implementation.

After some thoughts, my basic plan is to revert addition to
`LaTeX-indent-environment-list' in amsmath.el and mathtools.el and
include them in default value of `LaTeX-indent-environment-list' in
latex.el. In this way, math envs with alignment would be handled
properly.

With respect to math envs without alignment, e.g. "equation",
"displaymath" and "gather", I think there are two approaches:
1. Remove them from default value of `LaTeX-indent-environment-list'.
   Users who want to disable filling in such envs customize the option
   to add entries such as ("equation"), ("displaymath") and so on.
2. Include them in default value of `LaTeX-indent-environment-list'.
   Users who want filling in such envs customize the option to remove
   those entries.

What do you think about the above ideas?

Regards,
Ikumi Keita