Subject: Re: bug#28405: Adding entries to LaTeX-indent-environment-list

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 21:32:05 +0100

> Hi Keita,
> Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks for raising this inconsistency.  My vote is to harmonize this and
> add all math environments to `LaTeX-indent-environment-list',
> i.e. disabling filling.  Then the question is how a user can control the
> custom variable when we add entries to it as a style is loaded like in
> your patch above?  For example, how can I decide here that "multline"
> shouldn't be in that variable?  Or am I missing something?

I am deeply puzzled now.

    1. I like Keita's patch because it results in filling with a much
       better indenting.

    2. But, are you saying the price for this is that auto-filling is
       disabled and I have to deal with very long equations myself? Why
       is this so? I'd rather would like to have nice indentation and
       auto-filling. Rational: more and more (No emacs) users use editor
       that support virtual filling and that results in long equation.
       It is true that virtual-auto-fill-mode (available in MELPA) is quite
       good, but I still prefer good all breaks at 70 chars, and
       therefore auto-fill-mode

Uwe